Friday, June 11, 2010

Elena Nicole

I have been thinking for a while about a new post. I've had so many things to write about, but never took the time to do so. Then, this Wednesday happened. Our little niece Elena Nicole was hit by a car in a horrible accident and we lost her that evening. I don't think that I can express what a wonderful child she was! She was loving and kind. It breaks my heart that she is gone! I really wish I could tell more about her, but I really don't think I can at this time. I am already sobbing as I write this. So, instead, I am attaching some pictures that I quickly found while skimming through my pictures on the computer. I'm sorry they are not in order. I'm having difficulties figuring out the new blogger. :(

I miss our little girl - Elena Nicole Yakumithis - January 25, 2004 - June 9, 2010

Elena at the pool at the Y. I believe this was taken last Fall.

Elena at Laura's wedding reception (April 2008)

Elena at the balloon festival in Findlay (I think that was in the Fall)

I think this picture was also taken around Laura's wedding

Alex and Elena at the 2008 Greek Festival

Elena with her big sister Lia at the 2009 Greek Festival

Elena with Lia, Michael, and Alex - 2009 Greek Festival
Elena, Alex, and Abigail at the Fleitz Pumpkin Farm this past fall

Fleitz Pumpkin Farm - Fall 2009

Halloween - Fall 2009

Elena with Uncle Jeromy and Abigail at the Y pool - Spring 2010

Elena being silly with Aunt Julie at the Michigan/Ohio State Party in 2009

Decorating Christmas cookies - 2009

Playing with her Christmas presents - 2009

At the zoo with Abigail - Spring 2010

1 comment:

G. said...

I am so very sorry for the loss of your niece. She was a beautiful child. :(