Wednesday, April 4, 2007

A Big Decision...

Jeromy and I made a huge decision last night. We are going to begin looking into adoption. We have decided that we are going to stop the infertility treatments. Before you ask why we are stopping treatment, I will tell you. We can not save money for an adoption (which, if you don't know, is very expensive) if we are spending over $600 a month on fertility medications.

We have both spent a considerable amount of time praying about this and feel this is what God wants us to do. I have been hesitate to admit it because I feel as if I am giving up. But, Jeromy says that he never believed that we needed the medication to get pregnant. He says that if God wants us to get pregnant He can make it possible. Jeromy's main reason is that he doesn't like to see me cry (which, most of you know, happens a lot).

I guess our prayer will now need to change to one for guidance as we look into what our next step will be.

One last thing...(I know the question is coming)...we are planning on a domestic adoption at this time. We are hoping to adopt from a birthmother where we will be able to take the baby home directly from the hospital. So, I guess we need to start looking into agencies.

Please keep us in your prayers.

No comments: