Tuesday, April 24, 2007

So Many Decisions!

Okay...I have discovered that this adoption process involves a TON of decisions. I knew it would be complicated, but I thought some of these decisions would be A LOT simpler. Instead, I am left with a whole new list of questions.

First of all, we do know a few things. We know we want to adopt a newborn domestically. We know that for our first adoption we would like a Caucasian baby (we are thinking that we may adopt internationally for subsequent adoptions). Most likely we will use an agency of some sort. We also know that we are only willing to be so "open" with our adoption (willing to send pictures and letters/e-mails, not so willing to have the birthmother/family stop by or attend family gatherings).

Our largest question right now is the agency. Which is the right agency? Is there one in Toledo or will we need to travel to find one? What questions should we ask to make sure the agency is right for us?

I am so confused. I began reading books today to help answer some of these questions but, like the internet sites I've been reading, they are only presenting more questions.

Please keep Jeromy and I in your prayers as we move through this process. It is very complicated and overwhelming.

No comments: