Monday, July 7, 2008

4th of July

Okay, so I've been a little slow in updating. Saturday, of course, was the 4th
of July and we spent the bulk of the day at Kelly's house (well, I did.
Jeromy had to work until 6:00). There was quite a crowd and a lot of
food! We had a lot of fun hanging out, talking, and eating. Some people
went swimming, but I was having fun talking so I did not go there.

At around 6:00, we left Kelly's house to go to my mom's house for
fireworks. Andy bought a large amount of fireworks this year. Laura
says that the 4th is his Christmas. Here is a picture of all the fireworks he bought.



I really don't know if that is an accurate picture. It seemed so much more massive in person. After arriving at mom's house, Andy had to then transport it across the river that has formed in her backyard to the dry spot beyond it. Here is a picture of
him doing that.



It's hard to see, but the water, at times, came up to his knees. Well, we watched the fireworks and they were beautiful! The next day, I joined Mom, Kelly, Gail, Aunt Cindy, Aunt Judy, Uncle Jim, Jim and Jen in cleaning up Mom's backyard of all theshrapnel. It took us about 2 hours. Of course, then we ate.

Oh, Julie and Lee are making a video of the festivities. Once I get it I will see what I can do about posting it.

No comments: