Friday, July 18, 2008

The Footers are In!

Okay, to be completely honest, I am not entirely sure what a footer is. I am assuming from what I saw today that it is a ring of cement that runs through the foundation and is about one foot in height.

When I drove by the lot around noon today, I was surprised to see that they were done digging the hole that is to be our basement. In the driveway was a truck and a car and there was a ladder in our hole. There also seemed to be wood frames in the trenches through the garage and around the crawl space. When Mom and I drove by around 2:30, work was finished for the day (at least no one was there) and I thought I saw concrete in the holes.

After going shopping (we got some great deals at Linen and Things since it is going out of business), picking up Alex and Elena, and stopping at Burger King to eat dinner, we drove by the house to check it out and take some pictures for Jeromy who is at work. Here are the pictures we took:

A close-up of the "footer".

A shot from the front of the house. If you look in the top left hand corner, you can see Alex.

A view from the back yard.

Alex playing "King of the Mountain." We could barely get him off the hills and in the car. At one point he was making "dirt angels." He will definitely need a bath today.

Elena even joined in the fun. She didn't move as much, but she seemed to have fun! By the way, Alex is holding a feather.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

awesome! You will have a crawlspace?????