Thursday, December 17, 2009

Decorating Christmas Cookies

Today we had our annual Christmas cookie baking/decorating event at Mom's house. We started this tradition a few years ago. Laura, Kelly, Mom, and I (with the help of the kids, of course) spend a day cutting out cookies and decorating them. It's nice because we get them all done and get to spend time with each other. It's also nice because the mess is only in Mom's house instead of at all our houses. It was a long day (it didn't help that I have a pretty bad cold that I caught from Jeromy and Abigail). Here are some pictures from the day:

Abigail and Landon did not know what to think of the whole thing. They started out in their booster seats watching everything and playing (or eating in Abigail's case) the flour.










Elena cutting out cookies. I think she is trying to get at the right angle...actually, I'm not sure what she is doing. This seems to be the only picture I have of the cutting out process. Mainly, because shortly after this my hands were covered in flour and dough. :)


The cookies are all baked! Almost 200 cookies!


Let the decorating begin!






The Aftermath!


The finished product!

No comments: