Wednesday, December 3, 2008

The House is Actually Progressing

After weeks of very little progress, today we went over to discover a lot had been accomplished. Yesterday, Mom and I had stopped by and found that the painters were there. So, we talked to them about the weird orange color in the great room. Orange is my favorite color, but trust me, I did not pick it out. They asked if we could bring over the paint sample today, so I sent Jeromy over. He said there were so many trucks and vans when he arrived that his truck was almost hanging out in the street. He said the painters, electrician, and plumber were all there. He talked to the painters. They said they would fix the paint. He informed the electrician about the plug we want added to the hallway. Then, he talked to the plumber. He had him switch how he had installed the shower heads in the master shower, asked about hooking the refrigerator in the garage to water, and discovered that he needed to locate the pedestal sink (which Jeromy did. It is now waiting to be installed in the half bath tomorrow). There should be a lot done tomorrow! I can't wait to stop by!

Here are some pictures I took today:

My shower head (Jeromy said the plumber commented on how much he liked it):

Jeromy's shower head. He calls it his rain cloud. Honestly, this picture does not do it justice.

I'm sure you can tell this is a toilet. I was just excited to see a piece of actual plumbing. I teased Jeromy that I would label this as "Jeromy's throne."

In the kitchen we discovered that they had installed the kitchen sink and it looks like the dishwasher is going to be installed first thing tomorrow.


In the laundry room we discovered that they had installed the utility sink.

Finally, in the upstairs bathroom, we discovered that fixtures had been put in as well.


In one final picture, Jeromy decided to take a picture of how Abigail was progressing.

1 comment:

Laura said...

I can't wait for a photo like that, ok maybe not!