Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Quite the Day!

Today has been very eventful! We began the day preparing to attend Elena's Preschool Christmas program. I needed to stop by the house to get a different shirt to wear, but since I had to feed Abigail, Jeromy ran to get one. While there he picked up the stroller for the shopping expedition we were going on after the program. When he returned, he tried to place the stroller in my van. Well, that is when trouble began...

The driver side sliding door would not latch. No matter what Jeromy did, he would not close. We sent my mom on to the program so she wouldn't be late and I went inside to be with Abigail and call the dealership. When I looked outside, Jeromy was sitting in the back of the van waving for me to come outside. I went out and discovered he was now trapped in the backseat. Somehow he had managed to shut the door and lock it, but now it wouldn't unlock. He climbed out and told me to load Abigail. So, off we headed. It is still not fixed, but we are taking it to the dealership tomorrow morning to be fixed.

We made it to the program three songs in and were able to enjoy the rest of the program. Afterwards, we headed off to lunch at Wendy's and stops at Toys R Us, Kohl's, Bed Bath & Beyond, and Family Christian Bookstore. My mom was Christmas shopping and we were along for the ride. We bought pillows for our couch (I have a slipcover for it and the old pillows do not match), a down comforter, a picture frame, a cookie plate and mug. We arrived back at Kelly's around 3:50 (Alex's bus came at 3:40, but luckily she called her neighbor whose daughter is in Alex's class to get him off the bus) and then headed home.

We stopped by the new house to check progress. They were installing the carpet and the shelving inside the closets and pantry. We are supposed to be able to begin moving in on Friday. Most likely most of the moving will take place on Saturday. We then stopped to grab a pizza and then headed back to Mom's house. As you can see from this picture, it was an exhausting day:


Of course the excitement does not stop there. As Jeromy left for work, I took Abigail in to change her diaper before feeding her. I was pleasantly surprised to find that she had pooed (She has not been pooing. The doctor is not concerned at this time, but her gas is horrendous!). I began changing her diaper and she began screaming. Then, as I was removing the one diaper to put the clean diaper in place she began peeing. All over her clothes and the comforter on the bed. Since I was planning on giving her a bath anyways, I preceded to strip her down and prepare to give her a bath. Here is Abigail not appreciating the fact that she is about to be bathed:


After the bath, I fed her and with a full stomach she fell asleep. This was shortly after 6:00. At around 9:00, this picture was taken:

I'm afraid I might not get much sleep tonight. Oh well. At least she is awake now.

In other Abigail news, she has been having issues with her right eye. It is having a build-up issue. One of the doctors that Jeromy works with thinks that something may be clogged. We have been putting warm compresses on it yesterday and today and it is beginning to look much better. I feel so bad for her.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

That was a busy day!!! I missed the program completely! My dad went with Nadine. One of my kids had the clogged tear duct and we had to do warm compresses - i want to say it was Nadine. And you know the pooping issues with Rowan - so I understand! But it's cool that she pooped and my girls did pee like that all the time. You know they wait til its all open air before they decided to pee thus causing a laundry fiasco! Abigail is just precious!