Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Take Me Out to the Ball Game...

Well, we had our first game on Monday and we won! We played this team which has been mean to us every year, so we take pleasure every time we beat them. They are very cocky.

We did have a slight advantage over them as well. They could only play nine players (even though they had 11) and every time the tenth batter came up in the line-up they had to take an out. This is because they only had two girls and the league rules require three. If they would have played 10 they would have had to forfeit.

Anyways, enough of that! We had a blast (even before the game began). As a team, we get along incredibly well! We were all laughing throughout the entire team. We claim each season that that is why we are a winning team. We are playing to win, but we are mainly playing to have fun. Boy, do we have fun.

I had to play 2nd base. This is a huge change from every other year I have played. Usually, I play either right field or left center. At the end of last year's season, they began playing me at 2nd base. I think I am starting to get better this year. Jeromy said that he was very proud of me Monday night! That really makes me happy to hear him say that.

I can't wait until the next game! It's against a new team from a local church who has joined our league. It should be interesting and a new challenge.

No comments: