Thursday, May 10, 2007

Yet Another Day Off School

This is becoming frustrating. Once again, school has been cancelled. This morning we had incredibly dense fog. Jeromy actually woke up at around 4:30 to go to the bathroom and as he came back to bed he muttered something about the fog and that we would probably have a delay. Well, he was right. At 5:25, my mom called to tell me we had a two-hour delay (she gets a call from a friend who knows before it even gets on the television). I welcomed the extra sleep, but when I woke up at 7:50 I noticed it was still very foggy. By 8:45, we were cancelled.

This is so frustrating! Our last day of school was supposed to be May 31st with the teacher workday on June 1. The student's last day is now June 6 with the teacher workday on June 7. I feel like Summer Vacation is never going to get here. It's kind of like the movie Groundhog Day. We will be stuck on 18 school days left until summer vacation forever.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I like your reference to Groundhog Day! How stinkin' appropriate! Will summer vacation ever come?