Saturday, December 29, 2007

Christmas Celebrations

As my mom pointed out to me earlier tonight, it has been awhile since I updated my blog. So, I thought I would give a quick overview of my Christmas holiday. On Christmas Eve Jeromy, Mom and I went out to dinner at Cousino's Steakhouse and then we went to church. It was a lovely service. Luke 2 was read with carols mixed throughout. It was nice to go to a Christmas Eve service where the congregation is given the opportunity to truly worship God and celebrate the birth of His son, Jesus.

On Christmas, Jeromy and I opened gifts that we had bought for one another. Jeromy bought me a very nice jewelry box, a couple Boyd's Bears (which I collect) and some DVDs. I bought Jeromy some of the woodworking tools that he has been asking for and a MP3 player. Here's a picture of Jeromy with a couple of his gifts:



Here's a picture of me with a Boyd's Bear that Jeromy gave me. He said that he decided on this one because of the "eggs on legs" joke that we have.



For lunch we headed to my mom's house where we met up with everyone to celebrate the Christmas holiday. On Christmas we celebrate with the Sanderson side of the family. This includes my Uncle Jim and Aunt Judy (along with Gail and Bert and Jimmy and Jen), my Aunt Cindy (Bobby, Samantha, Brad and Lizzie) and my Uncle Scott. We had a good time hanging out with everyone. Then, on Wednesday, we headed over to Kelly's house for another Christmas celebration. We had to put off the celebration with my mom and sisters because Julie had to work both Christmas Eve and Christmas. Here are some pictures of our celebration:


Elena chilling by the fireplace.


Alex opening his Scooby Doo computer game that Jeromy and I gave him.


Alex helping Grandma open the gift that he bought her at Santa Shop.


Grandma playing Operation with Alex and Elena.

I don't think I have ever posted pictures of my sisters (aside from the elves). Here are some pictures that I took that night:


Laura and her fiancee, Andy (they are getting married in March).


Kelly, her husband Monny and their dog Lucky.


Julie and her boyfriend, Lee

We had a great time together that night. We don't get a lot of opportunities to spend together any more.

Christmas was busy, but it was a nice time with family.

2 comments:

Sharon said...

very cute! It was good to see you at lifestyles! I'm glad you had a Merry Christmas!

Did you see there is going to be Narnia 2?

Michelle said...

It's about time! :-) I've been checking this daily to see how your holidays went but much to my dismay there were no updates. :-)

Glad to hear things went well! Sounds (and looks) like you all had a great time. I'm looking forward to seeing the Boyd's Bear that reminded Jeromy of the "eggs on leggs".

Miss seeing you & talking to you! Can't wait to get back & catch up!