Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Levy Update and Make-up Day #1

Last night was election night here in Ohio. The entire country was watching to see who would come out on top in the Hillary vs. Obama race. As you probably know by now, Hillary won Ohio. Just so you know...I didn't vote for either of them. Anyways, as the country was watching to see what would happen in the presidential race, we were waiting with bated breath to see if our school levy would pass. As some of you know, the original levy failed in November. Since then we have received notice a couple potential "cut" lists. Of course, the list they have given us is not finalized. They are trying to avoid cutting teachers, but five positions from the high school are listed. Since I was originally cut last May, I will not be surprised if I am cut again. Of course, there is also the possibility that I won't be cut but "bumped" instead. I guess we need to wait patiently and pray that God's will be done. I like to think that if I lose my job that that is a sign that we will be matched soon and I will need the time to take care of a new baby.

In other news, yesterday was a crazy weather day. We began the day with rain and by midafternoon it had turned to ice (actually, it felt like litte hail balls falling from the sky). This morning we awoke to about 3-4 iches of snow. Needless to say, we did not have school today. Since this is our sixth cancellation, we now need to go one extra day of school in June. Oh well. Hopefully, we will be able to make it through the last two weeks of school before Spring Break before losing another day.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Even if you don't lose your job, I hope you are matched soon! I can't wait to meet the new little Lewis. :-)