Thursday, November 8, 2007

Good and Bad News

Well...let's start with the good news. Tonight we had our first meeting with our social worker, Robin. She is incredibly nice and I felt instantly comfortable with her. She asked us some questions and explained the next steps in the process to us (nothing really new) and then we scheduled our next meeting. She will come next Friday and meet with Jeromy and 2:00 and when I get home she will meet with just me for an hour. Then, our final meeting will be Monday (Nov. 19) at 3:30. This is going so fast. She says if I get our scrapbook finished we could be "in the book" by December. That means birthmothers will be seeing our information already! How exciting!

Now, the bad news. Our school district had a huge levy up on Tuesday. We are losing a lot of money due to state laws. In the spring, I almost lost my job (if you want a refresher or just don't know what happened click one of the following links: May 9, May 29, and June 5). Miraclously, I still have a job. However, our levy failed on Tuesday. This is not good. I had been told that if the levy failed there would be no saving my job a second time. My friend Michelle may also lose her job as well. I just don't understand why people wouldn't vote for a school district. It just doesn't make sense. One saving grace will be that they are planning on putting the levy back up in March (however, it will be larger due to the money we are losing at the beginning of the school year). We just all need to keep our fingers crossed and hope the voters in Oregon decide that education is important.

1 comment:

mmmmm said...

WOW The adoption bug has bit us all. We are in the process of adopting too. We have finished our classes, and are awaiting our caseworker to do our homestudy. We will be adopting older children, sibling group, teens. We are very excited for you. What a journey this is we are learning so much. Hope things work out well for your job situation. Nice to be able to stay up to date. You can take a look at our blog if you want to keep up with our process.