Tuesday, April 7, 2009

I'm the Boss Lady!

At least that is what all the Jamaicans tell me. Today was a great day! This morning we headed to Dunn River's Falls where we climbed the 960 foot waterfall in a human chain. It was a lot of fun! At times, I would say it was slightly dangerous. Very slippery, random rocks that you could trip over, and sudden drop offs. We survived the trip (and so did our camera). Jeromy had some problems with his foot, but he overcame them. Here are some pictures from this trip:



I was injured right before we took this last picture. I slipped off a rock and hit my knee. It really hurts when I go up and down stairs now. Luckily, I do not have to do that very often.

After returning to the resort and eating lunch, we went to the room so Jeromy could prop up his foot. I went out onto the balcony to read for a little bit. Then, we headed back out to the pool so Jeromy could play pool volleyball (yes, his injuries could not keep him from playing volleyball. Of course, they did keep him from playing beach volleyball. While there we met two couples who were firemen and teachers (one was from Georgia, the other was from California) and a couple from Minnesota (the guy has a grandmother in Lake Park - that's for Aunt Monique). We had a lot fun talking to them between games.

A little before 5 p.m. we headed back up to the room because we had a rendezvous with our little girl. We were able to see and talk to Abigail thanks to webcams and the internet. She was so cute (as usual). She seemed very confused on where Mommy and Daddy were. She looked like she was trying to climb onto the keyboard. :)

After talking to Abigail, we showered and got ready to go to dinner. We had reservations to go to Kimonos, the Asian restaurant. It is very similar to Nagoya's (I assume, since I have never been). We had a great time! We met couples from Georgia, Pismo Beach, California, and Anderson, South Carolina (remarkably, there were two couples from Anderson, South Carolina who met while at that table.) Our chef was great and helped make the dinner a blast. Here is a picture of Jermaine (He said he was originally from Tokyo and that he was blackenese.):

I took this picture because I am always amazed that they can carry all of these cups at one time. This was one of the tallest towers I have seen thus far. (Actually, he dropped some of these cups a few minutes before this picture was taken.

2 comments:

Sharon said...

I think you should avoid hurting yourselves anymore! Looks beautiful! Glad you get to see Abigail!

Monique said...

What a tiny world we live in!! Of course Lake Park is pretty much the hub of the midwest (ha). Soundsd like you are having an awesome trip!! Love Aunt Monique