Sunday, April 5, 2009

Journey to Jamaica!!!

This morning at 7:45 a.m., we left our house to head to Detroit for a plane trip down to Jamaica! I had been up with Abigail since 3:44 (with a short nap from 4:15 to 5), so 7:45 was not too early. Actually, Abigail slept through most of that time, but I just wanted to hold her since I would not see her for a week. I miss her! :(

Our plane ride was very uneventful. We had some turbulence (some of the worse I have ever flown through), but we survived. I was in the middle seat with Jeromy on the aisle and an eight year old boy by the window. I felt like I was his mother the entire time since he had never flown before (that he could remember) and didn't know what to do. I had to tell him to buckle his seatbelt, keep his tray in the upright position, get his drink order, and essentially do everything I would have had to do if I was his mother.

We were very surprised when we arrived in 89 degree Jamaica on how different it was from our St. Lucia experience. (Most of this next part is for those who traveled to St. Lucia last year) First, it is an actual airport which is nice. Second, the Sandals desk is actually a lounge area with drinks and snacks instead of a simple podium. Third (and most important), transportation was a luxury bus! Nice!

There isn't much else to tell at this point. We have arrived. Our room is wonderful!!! We are now going to change (since our luggage has arrived) and then find something to eat. We are starving!

Here is the view from one of our balconies (yes, we have two balconies):

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Great! Saw Abigail yesterday morning she was doing wonderfully! Your mom said that you did very well having to go and I said yeah, right now she's on the plane balling her eyes out...but no, you found a little boy to mother! Just like a mom would! Maybe you missed your calling as a flight attendent you seemed to have all the wording down! And also was it the worst turbulance in your life or were you experiencing it through a different perspective as a mommy? hmmm...hope you have a great time!!!! looks fabulous!