Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Ya Mon!

Yes, they really say that down here...A LOT!!! Yesterday was a lazy day! We simply hung out by the pool all day long. At one point I participated in water aerobics. It was fun, but a lot more difficult than the water aerobics that I am used to. They expected you to be very coordinated!

While I was doing water aerobics, Jeromy went down to the beach to play beach volleyball. While I was still in the pool (aerobics lasted a long time!), Jeromy came back up from the beach and I could tell that something was wrong. When aerobics were finished and Jeromy joined me in the pool, I found out that he had been injured. He had played a few games and then on the final game he fell HARD. His tailbone, wrist and foot all hurt pretty badly. He thinks he may have some broken bones, but is not worried about it because there is nothing any one could do about it anyways. We hung out in the pool, ate lunch, and then hung out some more. Then, Jeromy went up to the room to lay down (that's when I knew he wasn't feeling good). I went up later and sat on the balcony to read.

Later that evening, we headed down to dinner on the beach. On Mondays, all the restaurants are closed and everyone eats down on the beach. It was very neat.


We met some very nice people (couples from Phoenix, Chicago, and Vegas) and watched a fire eater. It was a lot of fun!

Today we are heading to Dunn's River Falls and I am sure I will have stories and pictures to share about that. We also have reservations at Kimonos (the Asian restaurant on the resort). We did not eat there last year in St. Lucia and honestly I can't remember what Andy and Laura said about it. In between our excursion and dinner we get to see and talk to Abigail Grace via the internet! I'm VERY excited about that! I miss my little girl!

4 comments:

Sharon said...

broken bones? water aerobics? Doesn't sound very vacationy to me. Reading on the patio, dinner on the beach, fire-eaters...that's vacation! Hope Jeromy feels better!

Michelle said...

Glad to hear you're having a great time so far!!! Also glad to hear that you'll get to see Abigail! :) Hope Jeromy is feeling better soon & that no bones are broken!

Laura said...

Kimonos was good but was not filling, I believe we ordered room service later that evening!

Traci said...

Really? We had so much food at Kimonos that I didn't even finish it. So far I like the resort better in St. Lucia, but the food here is WAY better.