Friday, June 8, 2007

Job, Riverdance, and Camping

Well, where should I start? The teacher's union had a contract ratification meeting on Wednesday afternoon. I went, of course. I did not want the vote to fail by one. I have not heard the official count, but it was ratified which means that I am 99% sure that I have a job next year. I don't want to become too confident until the school year has begun. Afterwards, Michelle had practice at church for an upcoming concert with Tim and Katie and then she took me out to dinner to celebrate. We went to El Camino Real (a great Mexican restaurant, if you haven't tried it). We had a good time of talking and laughing.

Yesterday was my first day of summer break. My sister Laura dropped off our niece Elena at my house on her way to work. I read her some books (about Ariel and Belle, of course) and we went outside for a little bit. We then went to visit Grandma at work because Aunt Julie wasn't ready to leave yet (we were going to Kelly's house for lunch to drop off Elena and then Julie needed to catch a bus for Cleveland). We finally arrived at Kelly's and enjoyed pizza. Julie managed to get to her bus on time and then I headed home.

Then, last night, Michelle and I went out to dinner at Red Lobster (I haven't been there in forever. I love seafood!) and then we went to the theater to watch Riverdance. I have always wanted to see Riverdance. If you haven't seen it, it is a beautiful performance that includes Irish dancing, ballet, flamenco dancing, tap dancing, singing (in both English and Gaelic), and a band playing Celtic music. Jeromy was working, but that is okay, I don't think he would have enjoyed it. Michelle and I went to Stomp about a month ago and I think that would have been more up Jeromy's alley.

This weekend we are planning to go camping out at Maumee Bay State Park. We had been planning on going out tonight, but it is supposed to storm so we may not go out until tomorrow. For those of you who are not familiar with Maumee Bay, it is a beautiful park right on Lake Erie. It is not very far from our home (less than 10 minutes), so we can head out at any time. It also makes it convenient for Sunday since I have to work with the kids during first service at church. We plan on camping until Monday afternoon, afterwards we have a softball game (which I think the guys are getting antsy. Our last game was rained out, so it has been two weeks since we played last).

Oh, I almost forgot we are also going to a Toledo Mud Hens game on Sunday evening with a group from our church. We really do have a busy weekend ahead of us. Hopefully, I will be able to relax next week and get some work done around the house.

No comments: