Thursday, June 28, 2007

We Have Made a Decision!

I know it's amazing, but we have finally decided on the agency that we will go through for our adoption. We have decided to go with a local agency - Catholic Charities Diocese of Toledo. I know we are not Catholic, but you don't need to be to work with this agency. However, you do need to be a regular attender of your own church and have a pastoral referral.

Why did we choose to go with Catholic Charities? Well, as many of you know, I have been researching agencies for the last few months. I have also been doing some intensive praying on the subject. During this time I was continually drawn back to the Catholic Diocese. Then, Jeromy and I went and met with John and Amy. We met them through one of the Attendings at Jeromy's work. Jeromy had been talking about how we were going to adopt and Dave mentioned that he had friends who had adopted two newborns. He hooked us up and I'm glad that he did. John and Amy went through Catholic Charities for both of their adoptions and had a great experience both times.

I am so excited! We have already begun the process by signing up for the mandatory classes and we filled out the pre-application form. Jeromy would probably also point out that we have written our first checks. This is going to be such an exciting process, but it will also be nerve-wracking. Please keep us in our prayers as we proceed through this process.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I'm so happy for you guys! You're going to make great parents!