Wednesday, August 22, 2007

First Day of School!

Today was the first day of school and I am exhausted! It was a little different because I was not actually in my classroom at all. The upperclassmen all had an extra day off as we had freshmen orientation all day today. It was kind of cool.

We are starting a new program that is related to the Challenge Day Program that we have used in the past with the juniors and seniors. This year we are beginning what is called the "Eagle Link Program." I have been paired up with another teacher and we were assigned a teen leader (a senior girl) who has gone through the Be the Change Program. Today we were grouped with five freshmen to lay the foundations of our group. Next week we will have five seniors, juniors, and sophomores added to our group. Then, for the rest of the year we will meet once a month. It will be interesting to see how this works out.

I guess tomorrow will be my actual first day of school. I'm getting excited about starting another year of school.

No comments: