Wednesday, August 15, 2007

A Lifestyle Change

This past weekend, my mom and I joined my sister Laura on a search for her bridal dress. Yes, she is getting married to her boyfriend Andy. Anyways, we made a couple stops on this journey the final being David's Bridal.

As mom and I sat on the couch waiting for Laura to appear in the next dress, I started to look at myself in the huge mirror in front of me. To make a long story short, I did not like what I saw. I have been overweight for a while but that mirror was not flattering at all.

To solve this problem and to prepare for Laura's wedding (it's in St. Lucia and Jeromy and I are hoping that we will be able to attend), I have decided to work out on a more regular basis. My friend Michelle has been going to Lifestyles for Ladies this summer and has greatly enjoyed it. However, as the summer progresses she has begun to lose steam. So, we have decided to work out together on at least three days a week.

Yesterday, we went for the first time. I worked on my upper body strength. Even though I had difficulty with some of the weights I am not sore today which really surprised me. We are going again tomorrow and I guess I will be working on my lower body. I will keep everyone updated on how I do.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I know you're doing this to work on you, but I'm really going to appreciate the support! :-) Thanks for being such a great friend!