Friday, August 10, 2007

Garage Sale Excitement? (Maybe Not)

For the past two days we have jumped into the land of garage sales. Why? Because as I was cleaning the spare bedrooms to prepare to paint I realized that Jeromy and I had a lot of "junk" that we never use. So for the past few weeks I have been bugging everyone I can to add their "junk" to ours to have a garage sale.

On Monday, the stuff began to arrive in the back of my Aunt Cindy's car and the trailer hitched to the back end. It took two trips - one from my Aunt Cindy's house and another from my Aunt Judy and Uncle Jim's. Then, on Tuesday my sister Kelly showed up with things that she would like to sell as well. On Wednesday morning, Jeromy and I drove to Eisenhower Middle School to borrow six tables. We then spent the afternoon setting up the tables and I began placing items. Later that afternoon, my mom and Aunt Cindy (with more stuff) came over to help set up. It didn't take too long. We were finished by 7:00 (we would have been done sooner if Mom could have focused before dinner- Mom, you better know I'm kidding).

It really has not been stressful, but it has not been rewarding monetarily either. In the end I'm tired, relieved we are not continuing with it tomorrow, and our house is lighter without all the "junk." I hope the new owners enjoy it.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Ahhh...the land of garage sales...where people's "junk" become other people's "treasures". :-)