Saturday, April 5, 2008

Last Time I Blog About the Wedding (I Promise)

So, yesterday was the reception (the third...but who's counting :) Just kidding Laura). Here are some pictures of us setting up the reception hall in the morning.




The final picture is of my sister Kelly and my Aunt Monique (she lives in Minnesota and is visiting for the reception).

After we finished decorating, we all headed over to my mom's house for lunch. Then, that afternoon the girls all went to get our hair done for that evening. Mom, Kelly, and Elena went to their stylist at one salon and Laura and I went to our stylist. Julie and Lee arrived a little later. Lee left Julie and went shopping and we all sat and talked whiled getting our hair done.



Then, after all of this preparation the big night arrived. It was beautiful! The food was delicious! The DJ was annoying! Oh, the wonders of wedding receptions.

Yes, this is the cake. Isn't it neat! Everything on the cake was edible.

Elena and Lizzie (my cousin Samantha's daughter) had a nice time dancing on the dance floor.

My cousin Jim, sister Julie, Jen (Jim's girlfriend), Kelly and Monny. Oh, and Elena hanging from Julie's arms.

Elena was enthralled by Andy and Laura's first dance. I think it had "Princess Moment" written all over it for her.

Yes, Laura attacked Andy with the cake. :)

Not a great picture, I know. But, it was the best I could get of Laura and Alex dancing.

So, my sister Julie and my cousin Jim caught the bouquet and garter. The DJ wanted them to do the traditional move and have have Jim place the garter on Julie's thigh (weird, I know).

They tried to get around it and Julie put the garter on Jim's leg. But the DJ (I think I mentioned at the beginning of this entry that he was annoying) insisted that Jim put the garter on her leg. He ended up putting it around her ankle.



After all the excitement, Alex, Elena, and Lizzie fell asleep. It was definitely an interesting night.