Monday, July 23, 2007

Another BIG Decision

I have held off writing about another BIG decision that Jeromy and I recently made until we had talked to a couple of people. We have decided to change churches and attended Bethel United Brethren in Elmore. This was a tough decision. We like our current church a lot and will definitely miss seeing some people on a daily basis.

A lot of you who know us are probably asking why, so I will tell you. For the last six to nine months I have not felt as if I was serving the way God was asking me to serve. However, I also did not feel like what He was asking could take place where I was at. Then, before Easter, Jeromy and I ran into Pastor Norm (my youth pastor when I was in middle school and early high school)and found out he was a pastor at a church in Elmore. Later that same day, my mom and I ran into Pastor Norm and his wife Cindy again. During our conversation, I mentioned that I felt called to work within children's ministry. Pastor Norm became excited because they needed someone at his church to revamp their children's ministry. Nothing happened with this until late June when Cindy called to see if we could all get together. We were unable to get together until early July. Everything has moved so quickly since then. I have been praying constantly and talking to Jeromy and finally I gave in to God and decided this is what he would have me to do.

We do not plan on leaving ONC totally. We will definitely be attending our small group still and we will probably attend on random Sundays when we don't get up early enough for the drive to Bethel (20 minutes).

I'm excited about the work God will have me do, but I am also scared. I'm also sad about the people that I will no longer see on a weekly basis. However, I trust this is what the Lord would have us to do and I trust Him.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I know this was not an easy decision for you, but God has opened a door for you. This opportunity is great, and I know you will do a super job! Step out in faith knowing that He will guide you through!

Anonymous said...

Hi, Traci. Just wanted to say how excited I am for you guys. It sounds like this new church is hurting for someone with your talents & passion for kids. It may take a little while, but you will form a new church family. It was initially tough for us to start somewhere new, but now we can't imagine being anywhere else. Anyway, I enjoy catching up with your news. We love & miss you guys.