Monday, July 9, 2007

Softball Update and Other Stuff

Today, has been a very busy (and painful) day for me. As I mentioned yesterday, we all headed off to Soak City this morning. It was a lot of fun (mainly because I was able to spend time with Jeromy). However, shortly after arriving I managed to tear off part of one of my toenails. My toe is very sensitive and did not do well in softball cleats.

Jeromy and I left Soak City at about 3:00 so he could get a little nap and we had to be back for the softball game. We played St. Peter's and won a very close game. They were actually winning for most of the game. We came back the last two innings and won (I hit the game winning run (Jeromy) in with my best hit of the year). Unfortunately, we had an injury. Danielle, who plays first base, got hurt at the bottom of the third. We were missing a lot of players and this caused a lot of confusion while we figured out what to do. Obviously, it all worked out in the end. But, keep Danielle in your prayers. She really hurt her back.

After the game we had to rush home because Jeromy had to be at work by nine. After he left for work, I decided to injure myself again. Not really. I decided to grill a hamburger for dinner. While doing this, I got distracted and burnt my left hand. My pointer finger has a nice 2nd degree burn and the rest are suffering from a 1st degree. So, it has not been easy typing this.

Eventful day, a lot of pain, but a lot more fun!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Sounds like you had an "eventful" day. Hope your fingers & toe heal quickly!

Michelle said...

Okay...so I've already left one comment, but I've been thinking about something in your post & decided I needed to leave another comment. Hope you don't mind. :-) I just love your comment about having fun at Soak City, but the best part was that you were able to spend time with Jeromy! It's been so much fun to see you two grow as a couple. I'm so happy for you and am looking forward to the day God allows me to meet my "Jeromy".

Unknown said...

Traci - I agree with Michelle that you and Jeromy have grown so much as a couple it has been a joy as your mother to watch. I love you both and pray for Gods guidance on your life! Love from mom