Friday, July 13, 2007

Preparing for the Baby

Even though we have not began to fill out paperwork for the adoption (we found out we probably won't be able to do anything with that until after the meeting on September 11), Jeromy and I feel it is prudent to begin preparing for the baby. This is mainly because we have no way of knowing when we will be matched. So, this week I took the first step in preparing.

On Wednesday, my mom and I began by cleaning out the spare bedroom that is upstairs that will soon be a nursery. I also began working on the curtains for the room (these may be changed when we finish the nursery). Then, today, we began painting the room with Kilz. This is a type of primer which covers dark paint on the wall to make it easier to paint later. The problem is the current paint color is horrible (we did not paint it this way, it was like this to begin with). Here are pictures to show you what the room looked like this morning (the white stripes on the wall was where wallpaper was that mom took down on Wednesday).
























Here are some pictures of us painting the room. Believe me, it was an experience.




Alex and Elena (my niece and nephew) "helped" for a little while.




This is my sister Kelly helping out with the painting. My mom and sister Laura helped as well but my camera died before I could get a picture of them helping. Last but not least, here is a picture of me painting (yes, I helped as well).





Here is a picture to show you the final product.




The next step will be to decide what colors we want to paint the nursery. I will keep you updated on what we decide.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

So sorry I missed out on the painting fun! I'm so excited for you guys. You're child will be so lucky...you both will make great parents!

Keep up the good work on the room. The progress is great!

Anonymous said...

Okay - Those are the colors in Jourdyn's room - however the combination in that room wasn't so hot!
But it looks nice white! And can't wait to see what you do with it!