Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Visiting Family and More Softball

This weekend Jeromy and I traveled to Dayton for a visit with his family. We had a great time of playing games, swimming, and just plain visiting.

On the way home we stopped off in Lima so Jeromy could go to an orientation at St Rita's Hospital. He is picking up moonlighting shifts at Putnam County Hospital and this was the last step to do just that. While he did that, I sat in the lobby reading. I like to read, but the lobby was freezing and after a while it does get a little boring.

Once we finally made it home, we decided to rest up for our final softball game of the regular season. We played Northwood Church of God, which was nice because we always have fun playing them. We won our game and ended the regular season in second place. We moved up from 3rd place because the last two games we played were forfeited by the other team. It was discovered that they had played a couple players who were not on their roster (after being told a month ago that they could play if they signed the team roster). I think this is sad because what was supposed to be a fun time with other Christian was turned into something ugly and competitive. The league is not supposed to be like that. If they stay in the league next year, I hope there are no issues.

I almost forgot (I don't know how)...I was injured last night. As I went to get a ball flying through the outfield I overshot it and it hit my arm instead of my mitt. I have a nice ball shaped bruise on my left forearm. It is also a little swollen. Then, a couple of innings later I tried to stop a grounder with my leg. I had a huge bruise on my left shin. Even though by this time I was in considerable pain, I had no choice but to continue playing. We need to have three girls on the field at all times and we had no subs. Last night when I finally got home, Jeromy babied me a little bit with getting me some Motrin and a ice pack. This morning both injuries feel much better.

No comments: