Friday, October 12, 2007

More Insight...

I seem to be getting a lot of insight lately from God. Last night I was reading the book Free Inside and Out by Marilyn Meberg and Luci Swindoll (it's a book I picked up at last year's Women of Faith). Anyways, I read something last night that really made me think. Here it is (I'll just let it speak for itself)

"I have a reason for going through suffering or difficulty because I have an "eternal inheritance" with God (see I Peter 1:3-4; Hebrews 9:15 KJV). This means when I am in the throes of pain or hurt, God knows all about it and gives meaning and purpose to it so I can learn life lessons. Everything that happens has a reason, even though we may not know some of those reasons until we get to heaven! He takes me through these things to refine me and to encourage others later when they go through the same things. He enables me to grow up through difficult times and experience His faithfulness. In the hard times He's with me, no matter where I am or how hard they get. And He has a great plan to take me through this life into the next...always with Him. That's liberating." - Luci Swindoll

No comments: