Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Update on Paperwork and Other Stuff

Okay, I know a lot of people have been asking so I thought I would do a quick update on our second "chunk" of paperwork. We almost have it all filled out. Yesterday, I became CPR and First Aid certified. Tomorrow, the fire marshall is coming to our house to check us out. We both need to get our fingerprints done for a BCI and FBI check. Hopefully that will be completed next week. We each have a packet that we need to fill out and I need to finish the scrapbook. Then, we will be finished. If all of our references have turned in their paperwork we will then be assigned a social worker! This is so exciting!

In other news...Jeromy has been out of town all week for a conference. He is in Seattle. It has been lonely around here, but I have kept busy (thanks to Michelle and Mom). Tomorrow night I am going to drive to Detroit to pick him up from the airport. I can't wait!

Before I go, I almost forgot to mention something I find funny. Yesterday, I missed school because of my CPR training and today my sub mentioned that two more birds entered my room. I think I have a bird magnet in my room.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Okay...there are several comments that need to be made about this post. So here it goes:

1. It has to be exciting to be getting so close to the next step. FYI...I got my paperwork from them last Thursday & faxed it to them last Friday (I was on top of things for a change - didn't procrastinate). Hope things continue to go well.

2. I've really enjoyed spending time with you this week! Seems like we've both been busy enough that we've not spent much time together so I especially enjoyed this week.

3. As for the birds...go figure! What are the chances? You'll need to start leaving info for your subs on what to do if a bird enters the room. :-)

Anonymous said...

Maybe you should send a purchase request for screens?