Sunday, October 28, 2007

We are finally ready for the Home Study!

On Friday, we traveled once again to Fostoria for the final training meeting for our adoption. It was very informative, but very long. The most interesting part of the day was a panel with two sets of adoptive parents along with their child's birthmother. It was interesting to watch how the two groups interacted with one another. It makes me wonder how our relationship will be with our birthmother. Jeromy and I have talked about it a little bit, but have decided that there is no way to know how we will be until we meet her.

Now, all the training sessions are finished. We have all our paperwork turned in and now all we have to do is make up our scrapbook. On Friday, one of the social workers let me take home one of their scrapbooks to look at. I plan on returning it on Tuesday. I'm also going to make sure everything is turned in and taken care of.

On another note, Jeromy took me away for a romantic weekend. We went to Frankenmuth, MI and the outlets at Birch Run. It was very nice! (especially since he has been working afternoons for the last week) We had a lot fun and enjoyed some bonding time. FYI - it was my birthday this weekend! I'm now 34 (yes, I am old). What a great way to spend my birthday...with my best friend, Jeromy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

excitement.

Unknown said...

I am so excited for the two of you - let the process begin! I am glad that you had a great weekend! I love you both! Love from mom