Tuesday, February 5, 2008

I'm Sick :(

On Thursday, I fell ill to the "deadly cold." Over the weekend my cold became steadily worse. But, then, on Monday morning I seemed to be getting better. However, I was mistaken. This afternoon in my fifth period class, I began to choke on mucus (disgusting I know). I left the methods student from UT in charge as I ran to the bathroom. I coughed twice. On the second cough I had a horrible excruciating pain erupt in my chest. I fell almost to the floor and remained there for about five minutes in pain. After the pain eased I went to back to my classroom. Within moments I felt fine. Weird, but I figured that I could survive three more periods.

Then, between periods I went down to the teacher's lunchroom for more water. On my way back upstairs I could not breathe. Then my chest began to hurt again. Now I was worried. So, of course, I called Dr. Jeromy. He told me to call him as soon as I got home. Then, he texted me that he wasn't going into work until 4:00.

When I finally arrived home a short time later, we talked about it and decided to go get my chest x-rayed. He said that if someone came into the ER with the same story I had he would order an x-ray because of the possibility that a hole may have developed in the lung (he had a technical medical term but I don't know it). So I went into work with him and he had one of the other doctors write an order for an x-ray. To make a long story short (I know...too late), everything was fine. Jeromy told me to take it easy and rest for the evening. Also, if I don't feel better tomorrow he wants me to call our family doctor and tell him what happened.

The really good news, four hours after the hospital, my chest is not hurting as much any more. I am planning on going to work tomorrow. Hopefully, I will not have any more issues.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Sorry you're so sick! I called to check on you & Dr. Jeromy said you were at the dr.'s office. Hope he was able to do something or give you something so you start to feel better soon!