Tuesday, June 24, 2008

5th Anniversary Vacation!

Over the weekend, Jeromy and I went on vacation to Hocking Hills (that's in southern Ohio). It is a beautiful area with some intense hiking trails.

The vacation began on Wednesday when Laura picked me up to take me to her house. Jeromy was working at the Putnam County Hospital (outside Ottawa, about 20 minutes from Laura and Andy's house). I spent the night at Laura and Andy's and then Jeromy picked me up Friday morning.

Jeromy and I drove to Mt. Vernon where we met with one of his former professors. We ate lunch at a local Chinese restaurant and then gave him some supplies that our church collected for a mission trip he was going on. We then drove on to Logan, OH where Jeromy had rented us a cabin. On Friday, we went hiking all around the state park. Some of the trails were quite intense. I was proud because I never became physically tired. However, my asthma did act up quite often. After, a few trails we decided to stop. We decided that the asthma attacks were not good for either me or the baby.

On Saturday, Jeromy and I traveled to the nearby town of Nelsonville where we rode an old passenger train. We were able to see a lot of the countryside and learn some of the local history. We also went out to a nice restaurant for dinner because it was our 5th Anniversary. We had some difficulties finding a restaurant, but it all worked out in the end.

I became a little nervous early Sunday morning when I woke to some cramping. By morning they were not very intense. Jeromy and I decided to relax on Sunday (instead of going canoeing like originally planned). We spent the day in the cottage watching movies, playing pool and card games.

Early Monday morning, we headed home (after stopping for breakfast). Don't worry about the cramps. Halfway through Sunday I decided that they felt like an UTI. I called the doctor and she had me go in and get a urine test (we stopped at St. Charles on the way home). It did show that I have a bit of infection. While at St. Charles, Jeromy took me to the ER so he could do an ultrasound. Mom joined us so that she could also see the baby. She was very excited! So, don't worry everything looks fine! False alarm!

1 comment:

Sharon said...

I'm glad you had a good anniversary! And I'm glad all is well with Little Lewis