Sunday, September 7, 2008

Exciting Baby News!

We have chosen a name for our baby girl! Jeromy has not wanted to make a decision on her name. But, I pointed out that we had really picked it but not officially. I also said that we were heading to Bronners in a few weeks and we should know her name so we can pick out her Christmas bulb. (Our family has a Christmas tradition of putting a bulb on the tree for each person. At my mom's house, it has been expanded to included husbands and grandkids.) So, we decided. Drum Roll, Please.......Our baby girl's name will be Abigail Grace Lewis! Of course, she will go by Abby for short.

In other baby news...Jeromy felt her move for the first time!!! I have been very surprised that he has not been able to feel her before now. She moves all the time and she sometimes packs a wallop. So, whenever I feel her moving Jeromy places his hand on my stomach to see if he can feel her. Last night I had my hand laying on my stomach and thought I felt her move. I told him, but he didn't think he felt any movement. Then, this morning, we were laying in bed and he had his hand on my stomach. When all of sudden she moved, Jeromy gasped, and asked me if she had just kicked. When I told him that he had finally felt her move, he was really excited! Of course, she kept moving so he was able to feel her move a few more times! I think it was the best moment of the day for him!

1 comment:

Sharon said...

What a beautiful name!!!! Abigail Grace, is it nice to have a name now? I would think it would be! And it's nice to call her something too isn't it mommy????

How exciting! Just wait till she's kicking Jeromy in the back before she's even out of the womb!!!