Friday, March 2, 2007

Prayers for Bluffton Players

Today my heart was saddened when I heard about the bus accident near Atlanta, GA. But, then I heard news that made me even sadder. The bus was carrying the baseball team from Bluffton University to Florida for their yearly tournament. As an alumnus of Bluffton I understand fully how this will affect the campus of the university. It is a small school and very close-knit (almost like a giant family). The deaths of these six people (there has been no news of who they are exactly) will be taken very hard.

Please pray for the families of the players and coaches on this bus, for the survivors of this horrible accident, as well as for their friends in Bluffton who are leaving campus tomorrow for Spring Break. Also keep in prayer the campus administrators, professors, and staff who are also suffering as a result of this accident.

My heart breaks for them and I feel so helpless. But, I can at least pray and I will do that as much as I can.

No comments: