Monday, October 27, 2008

Baby Update

Okay, I've had people ask for news on the baby since all I seem to write about is the house. Little Abigail is doing great! We did have a scare last week. It's a long story, but I will preface it by letting you know that she is okay.

On last Tuesday, I went to Meijer's to pick up a few things. As I was leaving I went to put my cart in the cart corral (unlike the lazy people who leave it by their car two spaces away from the cart corral). Anyways, I noticed that the lip to keep the carts in place was pretty high so I gave the cart a good heave-ho to push it over. Well, the cart did not go over. Actually, it went to a dead stop and I rammed by poor tummy into it. To be completely honest, I wasn't very concerned at first. It didn't hurt hardly at all and I know the uterus is made to withstand a lot. But, as the day progressed on Wednesday it began to hurt more and more. At around 10:20 (between two periods) I called Jeromy and told him about it and asked what I should do. He said I should call the doctor since they would put me on a monitor if I came into the ER. So at 11:05 (I had to wait until the end of class), I called the doctor. They wanted to see me at 1:00 that afternoon. So, I ran around school organizing a sub and preparing lesson plans, picked up Jeromy, and headed to the other side of town. I was examined and given a nonstress test and it was determined that Abigail was okay. I must have just bruised myself.

I told you it was a long story. That is all that has happened in the world of Abigail. Except that she seems to be moving around a lot.

No comments: