Saturday, October 18, 2008

The Showers Begin!

Today was our first baby shower! Yes, I said first. We have one more in Dayton on Nov. 1st and one at school on Nov. 18th.

Anyways, this was the shower that my mom and sisters planned. The shower was held at our new church building. Here are some pictures:

Can you tell from the decorations that we are having a girl?


We received a lot of great gifts! I told Jeromy that I can't wait until Abigail is here so we can use everything. Actually, I think I'm more excited about her imminent arrival (is that even possible). It was nice to see that so many people care about us and are so excited about little Abigail's arrival!

Kelly with Aunt Angie

Didn't Nanci do a wonderful job with the cake!?

Elena was a huge help while opening presents. Actually she was so efficient that I didn't even know what I had received. When we got everything home we went through it so we could appreciate everything. Then we packed it backed up and hauled it over to storage. I can't wait until the house is done so we can set up the nursery!

1 comment:

Sharon said...

well I'm not sure there's anything left to buy Abigail!! :) It was a blast today! I am so excited for you and when I look back at your story from heartbreak to happiness...did you ever imagine that God would just put the cherry on top of the cake? I did, but it's so much better than I imagined!!! I hope you feel the same way! Well, I know you do!!!! Congrats Mommy!!!